Wednesday, January 18, 2012

MISSION TRAINING INTERNATIONAL




Beau Jour Tout, 
That means good day all. This past couple weeks (starting January 2 - 13th) were intensive PILAT (program in language acquisition training) training. MTI is going great!! Oh my goodness there is so much that I have learned. I learned the International Phonetic Alphabet, the spanish phonetic alphabet, the best way to learn language, a little bit of pigeon english, french, and JEH (a vietnamese tribal language), I learned that without learning the language you will never have an effective long term ministry, I learned that when called to go into the mission field I have to step out or "my" cultural, and language boxes and fit into theirs, and that was just the PILAT part of the program. These next three weeks are more emotionally based and what to expect while we are there and how our emotions and values will be challenged. Im am so blessed to be able to come and be a part of this training it has been so helpful!!
Here are some of the phonetics stuff that we learned: 



IPA pulmonic consonants

Im am so blessed to be able to come, and I cant wait for these next three weeks. They start the SPLICE (The cultural, emotional and spiritual) training side of the program.

Here are some pictures of my time here in Colorado!!!

 The first weekend I was here I went with a family that is here to Garden of the gods. Here is a picture of Balancing rock.


 This is a picture of the Beautiful family, that have taken me in while here at the training, and they also took me with them to garden of the gods. 


 This is me with their two oldest girls, in front of balancing rock. 






 The three pictures before this one are some  of the beautiful rock formations at garden of the gods. 


 We also went to Manitou springs where they have springs of naturally carbonated water. This is me tasting it!!! totally carbonated. It was kinda cool!


 This past weekend I was taken in by Deb and Kurt Emanuelson, they took me to Whit's end and seven falls. 


 Here is me and their daughter Erica at Whit's end. 


 And at seven falls


 Fun picture!


 Us "pretending" to rock climb!


 But really we were about a foot off the ground!
 And here is seven falls! Frozen solid but still amazing!



I thank God for all of the people supporting me and praying for me! Please continue to pray that God will show me what he wants me to learn in this training and as I pursue his plan for me in Guatemala!



No comments:

Post a Comment